Friday, August 21, 2026

Army presentation Legion Imperialis Emperors childeren

I have finally painted my Legion Imperialis Emperor's Children! Sadly the game in itself is pretty bad and so people stopped playing it. Still I am planning to use the army in Epic Armageddon so it can still be used. 




Clearly I should have used better pictures and light but my daughter helped me so it is good enough. Also I only used low res pictures. These models holds up on a table but their highlights are pretty large and so i can't handle scrutiny. I will include some high res though for you to check. 

I Like the landraiders in Epic scale. Really all vehicles are really good in Epic-scale. 



Infantry... not so much. 
I do like the autumn bases as it fits with the two gaming mats I have. And yes. the colours are the same - only different lightning. 


Predators are together with Leman Russ, my favorite tanks in epic-scale. It reminds me of a old marine army I had for 4th ed 40k that had three predators as their heavy choices. Worked really well. Came second of 60-70 players. 



The paint is basically white undercoat with Volupus pink as contrast. I also have several random areas that are black on each model. The pink is highlighted ones with Fulgrim pink and the black with grey and then some white. Really makes it pop. The metal are black, boltgun, silver. 
Canopy is Black, 4/6 dark green at an angle, 3/6 with lighter gren, 2/6 and 1/6 and so on ending with Snot green. Then a couple of white dots. Worked really well on this model but not as good on the others. I think this would work well on larger scaled models. 



Always been a sucker for dreadnoughts as well. 










 
The Leman Russ are painted with a stripe diving the Emperor's childrens colours and the original (what I imagine was the original paint) on the Imperial Guard. I liked this and will have some similar on my soon to be started Epic warpath army. 


The larger models are pretty ok as well though the Titan took a bit more time than I wanted. It helped when I started to paint each part by itself so I handled head, legs, torso, arms by themselves and finished them before moving on to the next one. Felt faster though I am sure it is a mind trick. 





There you have it. This is a army I really like and it turned out well. Especially on the gaming table. Now I'm hoping second ed Legion Imperialis will be a win so the game starts to pick up again. But I'm sceptical.

But I guarantee anyone can do a better job than me and this type of painting quality is achievable by anyone.  






 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dropzone Commander 3.0 The pre-game review

 For me the release of Dropzone Commander 3.0 is a milestone. It goes back to it's V1 roots and it makes a huge impact on how the game c...